Copyright © 2017. J.A. PR Group, LLC.
All rights reserved.
2180 44th St SE, Suite 205, Kentwood, MI 49508
616.570.2010 (Grand Rapids)
*WE HAVE CURRENTLY FILLED ALL OF THE POSITIONS FOR THE FALL SEMESTER. Please send your application, letter of interest, and portfolio/writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the Spring semester.
Public Relations/Event Planning Intern
Are you a go-getter? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, team-based work environment? Are you ready to gain real life experience at a award winning Public Relations firm? J.A. PR Group, LLC. is based in Kentwood, MI and is an up-and-coming PR firm with an extensive event planning background. We've had the pleasure to work with several different types of clients from the areas surrounding the area of Kentwood.
We are seeking student interns who would like to learn about event planning and event marketing in public relations. Our ideal candidate is very positive, intelligent, motivated, creative, social, witty, and likes to have lots of fun. They are results driven and oriented with a spirit of community volunteerism and can work as part of a team, can work alone, and take directives and constructive criticism well.
The part-time hours are very flexible and vary depending on your personal schedule.
This HANDS-ON experience will give you:
- Great exposure to valuable connections for future job searches
- Opportunity to enjoy and be a part of cool community events
- Creative ideas and data-base building for future references and networking
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
1. How to write/schedule/plan social media posts.
2. How to assist with events, create event schedules, organize and monitoring event staff and volunteers, brainstorming for event partners and connections, etc.
3. How to create/plan/promote/implement events.
4. How to respond to RFPs with proposals.
5. How to apply marketing and advertising techniques to public relations.
6. How to talk and network with professional clients.
7. How to get things done in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
1. Major/Interest in Public Relations, Event Planning, Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising.
2. Ability to receive college credit.
3. Reliable transportation and/or in the area.
*STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A $500.00 STIPEND UPON COMPLETION OF THE INTERNSHIP.